If you are like me and you can’t wait for facebook to roll it out to everyone, here’s how to get yours now! There are two ways to get it. The 1st is to sign up here so that facebook can notify you when it’s time to open to everyone. For the rest of the pack, jump into the second method below:
1. In your facebook profile, type Developer into the facebook search bar. (Allow it to bring up suggestions and click the first result) Click Allow
|Creating an App on Facebook|
2. On the top right corner of the page that opens, click the + Creat New App button. TechCrunch says you need to have a “verified account” for this, which means that you’d need to have a credit card attached to your Facebook profile; I don’t have a verified account, however, and I was able to get the new profile.
3. In the small pop up that opens, fill in the App Display Name & App Namespace with what ever you wish. It doesn’t matter what. Just make sure to choose an app display name that has not been selected (facebook will tell you if the name is still available)
5. Find the Open Graph link on the left hand side of the page and click. In the page that comes up, fill in a word that says what people will do (verb) with the app and a noun that describes the app.
6. You will be required to go through 3 or so other pages of saving changes. You don’t have to fill anything, just click Save and Finish every time.
Mashable says it might take 5 to 10 mins for you to see the new profile, but I opened my profile in another tab of my browser and I found the notification at the top to try the new facebook. And that’s it.
|Facebook new profile look!|
Warning: It might still be buggy. Let’s explore!
Note: This version of the new timeline is a developer release that is why you had to create an app to be able to get a view as a developer. And according to facebook, only other developers will be able to see your new timeline. Other people will see your old one.
Please leave us a comment or subscribe below to get new releases of our post in your email!