This is a quick one.
You can now send sms from your gmail (if you have one, if not, go here to open one) to Glo network (update! you can now send to numbers on Starcomms network). Yes, in Nigeria. It’s been a long time coming but now we can now enjoy this free service. it’s just a pity that it’s not active for other networks yet. (I think our friends at ‘everywhere u go’ will not give us this freebie just yet.)
Here’s how it works:
– In your inbox, you will find on the left side “Send SMS”.
– Type in the number of the person you want to send the sms and hit the “Enter” key.
– Make sure you type the number out with +234 in front like so, “+23480xxxxxx” or “+23470xxxxxx”
– Complete the small dialogue box (shown above) that pops out and hit save button.
– Now your chat window opens!
The receiver will get the message as an sms and when he/she replies, you get it in your chat window. All without a dime (that’s on your part sha!)
Anyways, that’s it from me. Enjoy freedom!
P.S. Someone should tell the other carriers to add their network, it will boost their cashflow, not reduce it.
More details here!
Update: You can now send to Starcomms as well.